torsdag 15 maj 2014

Did anyone here wake up one day and become a vegan over night?

A person wrote: "did anyone here wake up one day and become a vegan over night, no cheating, never? I am "

"did anyone here wake up one day and become a vegan over night, no cheating, never? I am "

I cut down on my consumption of animal foods when I started to practise Judaism and when I learnt about the diet that Dr. Joel Fuhrman promotes. So that means that we should promote Judaism and the diet Dr. Fuhrman promotes as a baby-step?
Then I finally became vegan in 2012. I stopped with dairy, eggs and honey after I stopped with meat and fish before I stopped consuming dairy, eggs and honey, because that I didn't know the latter involved exploitation. I wasn't sure about some other animal uses either. That's what happens when the "animal movement" isn't clear about this.

Some people cut down on their animal consumption when someone promoted that we should exploit animals in Chipotle's animal exploiting videos promoting "happy meat". So this mean that we should create videos promoting "happy meat"?
Some people got vegan through first being lacto-ovo-vegetarian. So this means that we should create restaurants serving dairy products, while we are "promoting" veganism?
Clearly it should never be acceptable to promote dairy products as being morally acceptable, which you do when you e.g. promote "Meatless monday".
Should we promote sexism by promoting "rapefree monday"?? Promote speciesism by promoting "Meatless monday"?

Just because that someone took certain "baby steps" does not mean it is moral to promote those "baby steps".
In fact vegans who believe that it is immoral to promote "happy exploitation" should not promote happy exploitation as baby steps and should also oppose others who are promoting "happy exploitation", "free-range eggs", etcetera.

"Why are PETA, HSUS, Farm Sanctuary, Mercy for Animals, Compassion Over Killing, Viva!, and Vegan Outreach signing a public letter expressing “appreciation and support” to Whole Foods for its “pioneering” program, of “happy” exploitation?"

World won't go vegan overnight: http://www.abolitionistapproach.com/a-simple-question/#.U3RvDijVq8c

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar