söndag 7 oktober 2012

Torah, killing animals?, vegetarian, Genesis 9, Leviticus 11

My post to a friend:
Hej Sophie!
Thank you for your information and for advocating not to killing animals!!

How are you doing?

You asked me last week if I believed that Torah is the Instructions from our Creator.
I think that parts are in accordance with the Will of our Creator and parts are not.
E.g. I agree with Genesis 1 that reflects that man should only eat plants. I don't agree with Genesis 9, Leviticus 11, etc, that man has permission to slaughter and eat animals...
The Creator gave the animals a nephesh --- not for us to take their lifes. Rather, we should take care of them.

What are your thoughts?

If you think that I am wrong about my new position about Torah, then please study the arguments and prove me wrong. I certainly am doing my best to find the truth about our Creator and what He wants for us.
I can't believe in and follow something (e.g. Torah), which I found many errors in. [This is what I am studying now: http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-145 - referring to what scholarship is claiming about the Bible. It is not only about the Israelite celebration, but it covers the totality of the Bible - e.g. the accounts of the claimed Israelite invasion of Kanaan. It consists of a lecture series of 18 lectures at Yale university based lots of research by various scholars [including Jewish].]

I will of course stay your friend regardless of what you believe!
I am just trying to be helpful; and I am also sure that you are doing the same!

Take care my friend!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar